Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reno, How I love thee.

        So- after nearly 7 months, we are home. I love Reno. I miss the mountain air, the beauty and, of course, my family. I have spent the last week getting re-acquainted with my room, my car, my things. I am a weirdo, so I spent it cleaning and re-organizing my stuff, which is my way of acclimating to my surroundings. It's like I go through a change of environment by literally changing my environment and its in that process I find a peace. The best thing ever was playing MY OWN bass instead of a few "loaners" with a horrible action and too heavy and yucky. Plus, I actually got to play with a band with a ... get this- a drummer! YAY! 
       Nolan went back to work yesterday and he is finding his rhythm in his work as I get our cars back in legality and try and get the rest of things going like that.  I have been to the DMV twice and have to go back again, so "yay" for that. It has been nice though, being in my car, listening to music on my big ipod that I haven't heard in 7 months and just enjoying my independence. I tried to take a bike ride, but they were all flat and I didn't want to go bad enough to fill the tires, so I guess I wasn't that motivated. 
       In all this, the Lord has really blessed us in our trip home, and there are some more things that we are going to be involved in as far as missionary work is concerned, so I will keep you posted on that.   We are praying through this next step and would appreciate your prayers on it as well because it involves YWAM (Youth With A Mission) again and we are really excited.  We are acting in faith for this and are praying for more confirmation of this next step, so if you get any words or visuals about what we are doing next, please let us know your heart's prayer. We are depending on the Lord to act and are counting on Him to lead us where he wants us, so hearing him on this is of up most importance for us.  I have confidence in that He will lead us where he wants us and I have hopes and dreams that I believe we are acting in. 

This was our last look at St Paul, France
     So- until next time my blogger friends ! Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment