Monday, February 20, 2012

So. Its been awhile

So.Blogging has proved to be very difficult as the team laptop got coffee spilt on it; I know, WHO could have done such a stupid thing? Well, in someones defense, it worked for 3 days after that, so I am not completely convinced it was me... heh heh....So, ministry has been going well. Sorry no pictures today- without the added help of writing my blog and saving it on a stick, there is no way I have the time or the patience to sit in an internet cafe and wait for 2 hours for a photo or 2 to load, typing on a French keyboard in Potugeusecreole or some hidden laungage programmed on the keyboard is just too much for me.

The Talibé Center has been going well, I help a few of the boys read and write; there is a 14 or 16 year old that I have been teching English by the numbers (the most important thing when you beg for a living) and he wrote like someone of 4 or 5 years old. He doesnt speak French, he was probably imported from some far away village or city, maybe the country of Guineé-Bisou or somewhere else. He gets by because there are many other boys also like him. It made me tear up as I showed this teenager the difference between an H and an N, or the difference of an 5 and an S. He learned alot quicker than a 5 year old of course, he knows he needs this ability in his life and is hungry for knowledge. The French speakers teach them French before the Bible lessons everyday, and we pray someday when they are men, that they will know how deep and wide the Fathers love for them is...

No comments:

Post a Comment