Friday, September 9, 2011

segond nuit


I am here in my “caravan” with Nolan asleep and I am going to go to bed soon, but I was unpacking and just getting used to my new home.  I heard a noise outside, which immediately made me thing  a boar was going to come running in and I have a case of the heart popping outta my chest feeling at the moment. I don’t think this a rational fear, but before I went to sleep, Nolan mentioned maybe we should shut the little “barn door”, the bottom half of the campers’ door, and I did not close it, but instead put up a sarong over the opening. It makes me feel very hippy, as it has a tie-dye pattern of moons and stars.
 I love it here, but last night I woke up, not sure where I was. I had done that on the train also. Even though it took us some 24 hours or so to get here, plus a year of preparation,  my mind still doesn’t realize I have moved.
 Nolan and I prayed outside on our little private wood-slatted patio for the first time, and when we first arrived yesterday afternoon, I sensed I would spend many hours speaking to the Lord there. At least I hoped so.  Our caravan (camp trailer/home) is on the bottom half of the property lower than the base itself, all by itself and it is on a grass flat area and surrounded by light woods and trees. Very shady  and quiet. I love the secluded area where the trailer itself rests, and I can imagine a band of gypsies living in it or in the other caravans up the property.
I can’t wait to get out my guitar and sing praises and also learn them in French.   I have a feeling that I will write much music here as I have given up listening to music on my iPod for this time here in France.  I want to draw closer to the Lord, so I decided a good way to do that is to manufacture my own music instead of listening to someone else’s. I also brought a little drum machine for inspiration. Yay!  Of course, I will have others on the base when the students get here.
Well, that is all for now, off to sleep I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment